In the Minnesota Northwoods, You'll Find the Perfect Blend of Luxury and Adventure!
Gunflint Lodge is an exhilarating touch of class and warm elegance on Minnesota's North Shore. Families, fishermen and everyone in between will be captivated by this remote yet thoroughly accommodating beachfront lodge in the famous MN Northwoods. You'll have your choice of adventures near the Canadian border - guided fishing and naturalist excursions, horseback riding, snowshoeing and, of course, canoeing in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, the largest canoeing wilderness in the U.S. In winter, the Gunflint Trail thrives with 200km of cross-country trails just outside your door. Elegant, romantic and spacious cabins and lake homes feature fireplaces, music systems and whirlpool spas. A full time massage therapist just joined the team at Gunflint Lodge making it an even more special experience! Head to the North Shore today!
- All Year
- 24 units
- Grand Marais
- Gunflint Lake
- Gift Shop
- Horse Stables
- Pack N Play
- Outdoor Playground
- DVD Player
- Flatscreen TV
- Wireless Internet
- Gourmet Dining
- Alarm Clock
- Coffee Maker
- Full Kitchen
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Tub
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Arts and Crafts
- Horseback Riding
- Kid's Activities
- Bird Watching
- Boating & Watercraft
- Boat Docks
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fire Pit(s)
- Fishing Pier(s)
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Outdoor Grill(s)
- Ice Fishing
- Wildlife & Nature
- Picnic Table(s)
- Play Ground
- Free Parking
- A/V Equipment
- Banquet Room(s)
- Fishing Guides
- Meeting Room(s)
- Room Service
- Spa Services
- Handicap Access
- Children Welcome
- Pet Friendly
starting at $349 Northern Lights Package
Around the time of the new moon, when the stars are shining brightly, we frequently get beautiful displays of Northern Lights blazing across the northern skies. Their blue, green and violet hues dance across the heavens in a mystical way.
After your dinner in the lodge, go out on the lake to get in your first viewing, then return to your cabin to cozy up by your fireplace. Just before turning in for the night you’ll want to step out and see the display again. It often will have gotten brighter and more encompassing as the night deepens.
Of course we can’t promise a Northern Lights display every evening! But the new moon phase is the best time of each month for good viewing. With no light from the moon and no city lights to compete with, the displays can be breathtaking. And even if you don’t catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights, the view of the Milky Way in the northern Dark Skies is incomparable.
The Northern Lights package includes:
- Three nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner Monday through breakfast Thursday in Justine’s at Gunflint Lodge
- All guided Naturalist activities, including a Northern Lights presentation and a guided night hike
- $349 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $399 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
- $49 single supplement for one person in a Classic Cabin; $149 for one person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
November 26, 2018
- March 19, 2018 to March 22, 2018
- April 16, 2018 to April 19, 2018
- April 16, 2018 to April 19, 2018
- May 14, 2018 to May 17, 2018
- November 5, 2018 to November 8, 2018
- December 3, 2018 to December 6, 2018
Terms and Conditions
All rates based on double occupancy; base cabin occupancies apply. Taxes and service charge are additionalMore Info
Sometimes you just can’t get away for a long honeymoon, but still want to get away briefly to celebrate with the person you love. Or maybe your budget is tight right now. If that’s it, you can still enjoy a short time away being pampered with our Mini Moon Package.
This honeymoon special includes everything we can put into a package for you. A romantic lakeside fireplace cabin. Gourmet meals, wine and appetizers delivered to your cabin each evening before dinner. Breakfast delivered each morning if you like. We’ll even pack your lunches if you want to take them along while you go out exploring.
Your Romantic Honeymoon cabin is right along the lakeshore, and includes a king sized bed with cozy down comforter, spa tub, fireplace, full bath, steam shower, washer/dryer and a full kitchen.
Meals start with a full breakfast either in the dining room at the Lodge or brought to your cabin (at your request). Lunches range from fresh salad plates to a selection of hot plates. For dinner you have your pick of several daily special entrées, along with soft drinks and a tasty dessert.
During the day you’ll have lots of activities to choose from: unlimited boat and motor use, unlimited horseback riding, canoes, kayaks, hiking trails, swimming, feeding the ducks, joining some of the daily guided activities, or relaxing at the water front. Also included is a ride on our very popular Towering Pines Canopy Tour.
Winter activities include a dog sled ride, a half-day snowmobile rental, and unlimited use of cross country skis and snowshoes, as well as hiking trails and all guided Naturalists activities.
The Mini-Moon package includes:
- 2 to 4 nights in a lakeside fireplace cabin with spa tub
- All meals from dinner on check-in evening through breakfast on checkout day
- Wine and appetizers delivered to your room each evening
- Unlimited use of all guided Naturalist activities, canoes, kayaks, and boat and motor rental (based on availability mid-May through mid-October)
- Unlimited horseback rides (based on availability mid-May through mid-October)
- One ride each on the Towering Pines Canopy Tour (based on availability mid-May through mid-October). Guests must weigh less than 240 pounds for horseback and Canopy Tour rides.
- Unlimited use of all guided Naturalist activities, cross country skis, and snowshoes, weather permitting, December through March
- Four mile dogsled ride on the Lonely Lake Basin Trail (based on availability and weather permitting mid-December through March)
- One half-day snowmobile rental each (based on availability and weather permitting mid-December through March). Guests must be at least age 25 in order to drive our snowmobiles. Minnesota residents born after 12/31/76 must also obtain a snowmobile safety certificate from the MN DNR.
May 17, 2019
- May 17, 2018 to May 17, 2019
Terms and Conditions
Sales Tax and Service Charge are additionalMore Info
Super Deluxe Family Package
Bring your family up to our neck of the woods for the perfect combination of wilderness adventure and a little luxury. No one will have to argue about who wants to do what, since it’s all included in this Deluxe Package.
You’ll have a multitude of activities to choose from:
- a boat and motor
- canoes and kayaks
- guided naturalist activities
- unlimited horseback riding
- miles of hiking trails
- And the kids can keep the ducks fed with corn and your cabin bird feeder stocked with sunflower seeds.
The family cook also gets a break, since all your meals are included in this package. There are many breakfast options in the dining room. Lunch can either be served in the dining room, or we’re happy to send packed lunches with you to take along into the outdoors. Your dinners can be eaten either in Justine’s or on the patio overlooking the lake.
During the week we’ll be firing up our brick bake oven for fresh breads and pizza for the kids. And we’ll be smoking ribs and chicken in our huge Missouri smoker. The naturalists usually have a kids’ cookout night so moms and dads can enjoy a dinner on your own. The kids have other special activities including hikes, crafts, and fishing fun with their own fishing guide.
The Deluxe Family Package includes:
- Accommodations in a rustic Canoer Cabin or lakeside fireplace cabin, many with a sauna or spa tub
- All meals
- Boat, motor, and gas
- Use of canoes, kayaks, and paddle boards
- Unlimited horseback riding
- Hiking trails
- All guided Naturalist activities
- Guided kids’ fishing trip
Horseback riding is open to children from 7 years of age and for those under 240 pounds. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
The Canopy Tour is an extra charge activity, and here are the ground rules so no one is disappointed – the Towering Pines Canopy Tour is open to guests 10 or older and at least 75 pounds and adults up to 240 pounds.
October 14, 2018
- May 17, 2018 to October 20, 2018
Terms and Conditions
Minimum of two paying guests per cabin; base cabin occupancies apply. Sales Tax and Service Charge is additionalMore Info