Your Children Age 12 and younger stay FREE during their school break.
This late fall weekend in the north woods is a great opportunity to bring the kids out for a little adventure. Why not take a short excursion away since they've got a few days off school? You can all enjoy…
• Hiking in the forest on a trail of crunchy leaves.
• Looking for moose, fox, eagles and other local forest critters
• Joining naturalists on an evening wolf howling expedition.
• Or sitting around the fireplace in your cabin with a bowl of popcorn and a board game.
The migrating birds are flying south. The calling loons are letting us know they're about to head out. And the northern lights are often blazing across the night sky.
If you're a birding fan, remember the lodge is at the edge of the boreal forest, and so have different birds from most of what you have at home.
Naturalists are feeding chickadees, nuthatches , finches, woodpeckers, grosbeak s , blue jays, Canadian jays, and cedar waxwings. This weekend is about the time we also begin to see the migrating snow birds.
While the swim season is over, canoe season is not — you're welcome to paddle out on the lake with a canoe or kayak. You can try your hand at fishing or just enjoy the scenery.
The MEA Long Weekend Package includes:
- 3-nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- Your dinners each evening
- Canoes and kayaks
- All guided naturalist activities.
- $495.00 er adult in a classic cabin
- $555.00 per adult in a lake home
October 17, 2016
- October 20, 2016 to October 23, 2016
Terms and Conditions
Sales Tax and Service Charge are additional All children, up to 12 year olds, are free with this package