Expired Travel Deal
Mid October is the time that the moose get a bit rambunctious during their rut, or mating season. The big bull are making their presence known to the cows in the hope that their courting will be well received. They make huge bellowing sounds that can be heard from quite a distance, as they mark out their territory. The leaves have dropped so the views can be awesome. Gunflint Lodge has a variety of spots in the woods for you to visit by hiking or by car that the moose frequent. These moose seem big and intimidating when you encounter them in the wilds, but this is not considered a risk sport. Just stand your ground and take pictures as you wish until they choose to wander on. Remember, this is their home, and they move on when they choose to.
This package supports hiking and canoing as the spirit moves you, for day trips on your own. The lodge reviews maps with you and make suggestions on where to go for the most likely viewing opportunities.
- 4 nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- Packed lunches and dinners each day
- 1/2 day guided moose search
- Trail maps and personal trip planning for your days of browsing and searching for moose
- Plus canoes, kayaks, and all guided naturalist activities.
Classic Cabin: $595.00 per person
Gunflint Lake Home or Romantic Cabin: $695.00 per person
October 7, 2016
- October 9, 2016 to October 13, 2016
Terms and Conditions
Sales Tax and Service Charge are additional