Enter your name and email to receive alerts when new vacation deals are added to any property in this region.
By clicking "Submit" you are agreeing to the
Terms of Service.
Alert successfully created!
Northeast Wisconsin Articles
Showing 1-10 of 10 Historical Resorts
The Beacons boathouse is a Lakeland landmark, welcoming visitors to the area since 1908. Familiarize yourself with the area at local museums, which range from vast collections of early snowmobile memorabilia to in-depth studies of the town's logging history. Or, head to the George W. Brown Jr. Ojibwe Museum and learn about this unique culture!... more
- Restaurant Onsite
- Pets Allowed
- Property Size 82 units
- Conference Facility
- Kids Allowed
- Nearby City Minocqua
- Nearby Water Lake Minocqua
- Open Dates All Year
- Cabins, Cottages, and Chalets
In 1922, at the dawn of the oil industry, Standard Oil established Red Crown Lodge and set the standards for how the property is operated to this day. Over 80 years – through management transitions from Standard Oil to Amoco – Red Crown Lodge became a corporate symbol of success and the preferred meeting location for one of the world’s... more
The lodge was built in the 1930's as a private club exclusive to a group of lawyers and bankers. It was kept private until purchased in the mid 1970's and it was then that the public first had access to the charm of this rustic lodge.... more
The Braywood was built in 1949 by Billy Bray and Frances woods. They were a famous dancing couple who gained their notoriety by playing for almost every major hotel and night club in show business. They performed with many names such as Lawrence Welk, Cab Calloway, Guy Lambardo, Bob Crosby and many others.... more
The oldest photographs available of the first lodge on Birchlake taken around or before 1929. There was a forest fire in that area prior to this time that completely devastated all the woodland in the surrounding area. It was used as lodging for loggers before that time.... more
Jackson's Lakeside Cottages was originally started by Frank Carley in 1903. Carley started with four cottages and also had 79 acres of farmland. It was the first resort on Little St. Germain Lake.... more
It all began in the spring of 1946, when a couple of Lithuanian descent, Tony and Anna Bagocus, had a dream of providing a great location for hunters and fishermen to hang their hat after a long day. Nine families later, Port Townsend Resort continues to provide unmatched views of the Townsend Flowage.... more