Expired Travel Deal
The last weeks of fall are upon us. The hiking and moose viewing is great, and the migrating birds are passing through.
This is Gunflint Lodge's chance to say “thank you” for your past business and for making Gunflint your Home in the Woods . You're part of the Gunflint family and are always welcome here.
Bring as many friends or family members as you wish and show them where you've vacationed — the lake, the hiking trails, the cabins and Lodge. Take them for a paddle, relax by your fireplace, enjoy the excellent menu items offered here.
Here's the deal — you're invited to be a guest for either of these set dates with free accommodations for everyone in your party. Yes, that's a free stay for your whole group (with a limit of one cabin per party).
All they ask is that you come in for dinner each night. When each one in your party spends a minimum of $100 in the restaurant over the course of the stay, your accommodations are free.
On top of all that, they'll give you a 25% discount on all your gift shop purchases that total $100.00 or more.
The staff appreciates all their Gunflint guests, and want to give you a deal you won't find anywhere else.
The 2016 Loyalty Package includes:
- 4 nights accommodations Oct 16-20, 2016 (Sunday-Thursday) OR
- 5 nights accommodations Oct 23-28, 2016 (Sunday to Friday)
- Best cabin available at the time of booking and free to past guests of 2016.
- Hiking trails and canoes also included.
- You agree to buy your dinners each night in their dining room. (in the course of your stay, you agree to buy at least $100 of dinners per person.)
October 16, 2016
- October 16, 2016 to October 28, 2016
Terms and Conditions
All cabins are free to past 2016 guests and their friends. Limit of one cabin per party You agree to buy your dinners each night in our dining room. (In the course of your stay, you agree to buy at least $100 of dinners per person) Valid if at least one person in your party vacationed with us since January 1, 2016 at the full-value rate Pet fees are $20 per pet per night
Murder Mystery Weekend Package
What better way to get ready for Halloween then to witness (and solve) a murder mystery!
While Gunflint Lodge is a place to relax and enjoy the wilderness setting, on this weekend it won’t be quite the restful place it normally is because of a murder (or two, let’s say three at the outside) will be committed in front of a roomful of witnesses!
The weekend of crime will follow one of Keith and Margo’s Murder Mystery Weekend special plots starting Friday evening when you meet with your fellow sleuths, not all of whom are what they appear to be. Infiltrating the group are actors who will do their best to blend in, and sometimes, even work to incriminate you. The Friday reception is a good place and time to become familiar with the scheming, manipulative, deceitful and murderous people that you will be spending the next day and a half with.
The mystery begins on Friday evening and develops by the early afternoon on Saturday, but you’ll still have some free time to take advantage of Gunflint Lodge’s hiking trails, lakeside amenities, and guided Naturalist activities before dinner. During this time, dreadful events may occur, and you may even stumble over a dead body or two. In the best tradition of television and the movies, the chances are good that a kindly, perhaps somewhat disheveled, local detective with a possibly warped sense of humor will become involved to clarify the situation, guiding and cajoling you into thinking about the means, methods and motives of murder!
By dinner on Saturday night, you should have all the information you need to solve the murder, but just when you think you’ve got it sussed, watch out for the final twist!
Sunday breakfast at Gunflint Lodge is when it all comes to an end! You’ll be asked to write down your best hunch about who did what to whom, and why. (You already know how, because you’ll have seen it with your own eyes.) While you enjoy breakfast with your fellow sleuths, our team will select the best submitted solution, along with some of the more outlandish suggestions for the prize-giving ceremony. So grab your friends and head north for a weekend of mystery, good food, and good times!
The Murder Mystery Weekend Includes:
- Two nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- Appetizers and welcome dinner Friday night
- Breakfast and lunch on Saturday
- Saturday appetizers and dinner
- Sunday breakfast and award ceremony
- Use of canoes, kayaks paddle boards and hiking trails
- All guided Naturalist activities
- A rollicking good time with lots of laughs and excitement!
- $349 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $369 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
October 23, 2017
- October 27, 2017 to October 29, 2017
Terms and Conditions
Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply Sales Tax and Service Charge are additionalMore Info
Bluegrass & Stringband Weekend
Grab your friends and your favorite instrument and join us up North for some musical jamming and a Bluegrass concert with Hall of Famer Dick Kimmel and Pamela Longtine!
This will be a weekend celebrating and experiencing authentic bluegrass and old-time stringband music with some of its best. Dick Kimmel has been entertaining audiences for more than a half-century throughout North America and Europe. The music of Dick Kimmel is firmly rooted within traditional old-time stringband, bluegrass, and folk music; genres where he excels as a performer as well as an historian, mentor, and teacher. Dick has been inducted into America’s Old-Time Country and Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame, the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame, and the Mid-America Music Hall of Fame.
Pamela Longtine plays traditional music inspired by the fiddlers who carried dance tunes, such as schottisches, jigs, and polkas from Northern Europe to America. She specializes in rural American hoedowns and waltzes as well as French-Canadian jigs and reels. Pamela’s original tunes, one of her specialties, are carefully placed in the style of the older fiddle tunes.
- Weekend Schedule:
Friday, November 10, 2017
Daytime Jam Sessions with Dick Kimmel
4:30 PM Social Hour
8:00 PM History of Bluegrass and Stringband Music with Dick Kimmel
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Daytime Jam Sessions with Dick Kimmel and Pamela Longtine
7:30 PM Bluegrass Concert with Dick Kimmel and Pamela Longtine
The Bluegrass & String Band Weekend package includes:
- Three nights accommodation in a lakeside fireplace cabin (some with spa tub or sauna)
- Light appetizers social hour with Dick Kimmel Friday evening
- Dinner Saturday evening
- Attendance at all musical events, including daytime jam sessions, History of Bluegrass and Stringband Music with Dick Kimmel Friday evening and Bluegrass Concert with Dick Kimmel and Pamela Longtine
- Use of hiking trails and all guided Naturalist activities
Weekend package pricing:
- $199 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $239 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
November 6, 2017
- November 9, 2017 to November 12, 2017
Terms and Conditions
November 9-12, 2017 Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply Sales Tax and Service Charge are additionalMore Info
Share an unforgettable Thanksgiving with your family in the Northwoods
Back in 1621 our Pilgrim ancestors started the tradition of a Thanksgiving celebration for the blessings they experienced in their lives. They invited their Native American neighbors to join them in a feast of venison, fish, corn, nuts and berries. When the Kerfoot family came to the Gunflint Trail in 1927 they continued this tradition. They invited all the neighbors to join them, the Plummers and Cooks (their Native American neighbors), trappers, guides, loggers and anyone else who was around.
As we continue to offer our old-fashioned Thanksgiving in the Northwoods, it’s the perfect opportunity to relax and remember what it’s all about. And to share this tradition with new friends in the Northwoods too.
While you’re here, enjoy the outdoors hiking or looking for moose and deer in the woods. Play board games in front of your fireplace. Step outside after dark to check for Northern Lights or a nearby wolf howling.
All your meals are covered during your stay, including the huge Thanksgiving Buffet. Your mouth will water just smelling the haunch of buffalo, double smoked ham and slow roasted whole turkey. Not to mention all the side dishes and desserts. And there are always homemade cookies, coffee, tea and hot chocolate at the Lodge all day long.
Thanksgiving Buffet Menu
- Pumpkin Soup
- Acorn Squash Soup
- Garden Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Assorted Breads
- Aunt Nellie’s Sweet Potatoes
- Glazed Root Vegetables
- Wild Rice, Roasted Acorn Squash & Carmelized Onion Pie
- Marsh Herb Dressing
- Mushroom Ragout
- Green Bean Casserole
- Carmelized Brussels Sprouts
- Apple Cranberry Chutney
- Roast Haunch of Bison with Au Jus
- Gunflint Double Smoked Ham with Blueberry Glaze
- Pilsner Slow Smoked Turkey with Traditional Herbed Gravy
- Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Assorted Pies: Pumpkin, Pecan, Apple Walnut
The Thanksgiving Weekend Package includes:
- 4 night’s accommodations
- All meals from dinner Wednesday evening through breakfast Sunday morning
- Thanksgiving dinner buffet
- Use of all all hiking trails and guided Naturalist activities
Weekend Package pricing:
- $449 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $499 per person in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
- Children under 12 are half-price
November 20, 2017
- November 22, 2017 to November 26, 2017
Terms and Conditions
November 22-26, 2017 Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply Sales tax and service fee are additionalMore Info
Turkey & Ham Smoking
A mouth-watering feast is waiting for you
We’ll be cranking up our big smoker for the weekend! You’re invited to look over our shoulder and learn some of the tricks of the trade.
We’ll smoke you a beautiful 15-pound whole turkey or a big bone-in ham for you to take back home for one of your upcoming holiday dinners. You’ll be able to “wow” your friends with a turkey or ham far tastier than they’ve ever had.
Recreation in the woods this weekend will vary depending on the weather. Hiking during the seasonal change makes a great time for wildlife spotting.
This package includes:
- Two nights accommodations in a lakeside cabin
- Friday dinner, all Saturday meals (including some other smoked foods that we’ll run through the smokers while we have them fired up), and breakfast Sunday morning
- A smoked turkey or ham to take home
- All Naturalist activities
- $439 in a Classic Cabin, double occupancy
- $464 in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home, double occupancy
February 28, 2018
- September 27, 2017 to February 28, 2018
Terms and Conditions
Package Dates: Spring, Fall & Winter Sales Tax and Service Charge are additionalMore Info