Algonquin Wilderness EcoLodge, located beside an active beaver pond (Moffat Pond) and a cascading waterfall, is on the southern
border of Algonquin Park. It is a wilderness enthusiasts’ dream with plenty to do and see, in both summer and winter. With over 60 km of groomed, wilderness trails inside Algonquin Park, the EcoLodge is a great place for hiking, nature walks, wildflower exploration and birding, canoeing, and mountain biking.
Algonquin Park is a world famous wilderness park only 3 hours north of Toronto. Its’ area covers fully 1/10th the size of Scotland or Ireland! Algonquin boasts 7,725 square kilometres, with over 2,000 fresh water lakes. Within its borders can be found deer, moose, beaver, wolves, bears, and many other wild animals, all in their natural habitats and, for the most part, untouched by Man.
The EcoLodge is ideal for those wanting to experience the Canadian wilderness without having to “rough it”. It is designed to give you the best wilderness experience possible, while minimizing our impact on the environment. In fact, your experience begins with a leisurely 2.3 km walk or cycle through Algonquin Park to reach our front doors. Don’t worry – your luggage can be transferred for you if you choose!
Our EcoLodge is beautifully secluded amidst remote Algonquin forests, where even hydro lines and telephone poles can’t reach. And yet, with a combination of alternative energy sources, the EcoLodge still provides all the finer comforts, such as indoor plumbing, double occupancy rooms, battery powered hot showers, and even wood fired sauna! It is the perfect place to spend three or four days while experiencing “real” Canadian wilderness adventures.
The Algonquin Voyageur Adventure is a great way to explore this region of Algonquin Park. It is a combination of guided hikes, guided canoe trips, as well as free time and socializing with other travellers around the bonfire.
Below is the itinerary for the 4 day program. The 3 day program is identical except for the exclusion of Day 3. You are, of course, free to do as much, or as little, as you desire!
- 3 day Voyageur Adventure – $510
- 4 day Voyageur Adventure – $690
- Arrive at Eco-Lodge mid afternoon. Check in is any time after 2 pm
- Check in and Orientation
- Meet your guide
- Free Time
- Sunset Beaver Paddle – take the canoe out on our private lake and try to locate some of our resident beavers. They are most active at dusk so this is the best time to spot them.
- Star Gazing
- Wilderness Canoe trip into Algonquin Park. Paddle up the York River, portaging around several rapids and waterfalls (High Falls, Gut Rapids, The Chute). The pools below these are excellent places to go in for a swim, have your picnic lunch, etc. This area provides an excellent opportunity to see beaver as there are several beaver lodges in it. It is also a good place to spot deer.
- The evening is Free Time. Enjoy the sauna, go swimming, try fishing for bass in the beaver pond or trout (lake and brook) in nearby Little Mink Lake.
- Bonfire, Ghost Stories, Roasting Marshmallows
- Wolf Lecture and Wolf Howl
Day 3 (only on the 4 day program)
- Guided Interpretive Hiking trip to Grand View Lookout (4 hours return).
- Picnic lunch
- Free Time in evening
- Swim in the “Logger’s Jacuzzi”
- BBQ Dinner (depending on the chef’s meal plan)
- Morning Moose Paddle – self guided canoe trip down a small creek and a lake downstream of the Lodge (Little Mink Lake). Search for moose, deer, beaver, and evidence of wolf activity.
- Check out at 12 pm
- Return to Toronto, or continue on your journey.
Activities that are available at no cost are:
- Canoeing & Paddle Boat
- Mountain Biking (bring your own!)
- Fishing – Bass, Lake Trout, Brook Trout. Requires Fishing License – available nearby. Bring your own rod.
- Hiking our 60 km of wilderness trails
- Use of Sauna
- Use of Bird and Wildflower Guide Books
In addition to these activities that are provided at no cost, the following activities are also available in the immediate area. Some involve additional costs, and we will be happy to arrange any required reservations.
- Horseback Riding
- Golf ( A 9 hole course) a short drive away
- Algonquin Park Logging Museum and Visitor Centre
- Artisans, Crafters and Studio Tours
- Shopping in Maynooth or Bancroft
- Sightseeing Flights
Included in all packages:
- 4 Days/3 Nights or 3 Days/2 Nights Double Occupancy Accommodations
- Meals (from Dinner first day to Breakfast on last day)
- Use of Canoes, Life Jackets, Paddles – on a “first come first served” basis
- Guided canoe trip to High Falls, guided Sunset Beaver Paddle trip, Wolf Howl Program, and guided hike to Grandview Lookout (4 day program only), and self guided early Morning Moose paddle.
August 3, 2019
- August 3, 2018 to August 3, 2019
Terms and Conditions
Luggage Transfers are optional, at $10/adult. Foreign tourists can claim half the tax back on any guided program by filling out a government HST Rebate form.