Expired Travel Deal
2013 is the 150th Anniversary of several major Civil War battles – and Orange County and the surrounding Virginia countryside played prominent roles in most of them. Gain insights into those turbulent times with a 3-day Civil War experience that includes guided tours, luxurious accommodations, superior dining, personal attention and pampering.
The Civil War package is available on these 2013 dates. For dates not listed below, please contact your innkeeper (30 day’s notice required):
- Weekdays: 15-17 Jan, 5-7 Feb, 5-7 Mar, 9-11 Apr, 7-9 May, 4-6 Jun, 9-11 Jul, 6-8 Aug, 3-5 Sep, 15-17 Oct, 5-7 Nov, 3-5 Dec
- Weekends: 1-3 Mar, 12-14 Jul, 2-4 Aug
To schedule your stay simply contact your innkeeper and ask for the “Civil War Tour Package”.
Your Civil War Tour Package includes:
- Three nights of accommodations
- Full Breakfasts each morning
- Plated fruit and cheese/hors d’oeuvres and Virginia wine each evening
- Guided tour of Civil War Battlefields and sites with van and driver
- Box lunch for 2 or Lunch for 2 at the Barbeque Exchange
- $100 certificate for dinner at the Inn at Meander Plantation or Vintage Restaurant
- Self-Guided Driving Tour Packet
- Signed copy of Historian and Author Frank Walker's, Remembering: A History of Orange County, Virginia
- Historical write-ups about the Holladay House Bed and Breakfast
Your package begins when you arrive at the Holladay House B&B, and get settled into your room with a fruit and cheese plate and a bottle of Virginia wine. Apply your $100 dinner certificate towards dining at either the Inn at Meander Plantation or Vintage Restaurant. You may choose to wait until your second night to use your dinner certificate.
The morning of your first full day starts with a locally-sourced made-from-scratch breakfast. Then you are off in a private van on a Civil War tour with a professional guide from TourGuide, Ltd. You have two tour options – both include lunch:
- Battlefields - Cedar Mountain, Chancellorsville, and Wilderness Battlefields. Your box lunch will be served at the Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitors Center.
- "All 4 Years" Tour – The Battle at the Orange County Courthouse, St Thomas Church, Mine Run, Wilderness, Exchange Hotel or Montpelier Confederate Camp Site. You will visit the Barbeque Exchange for lunch.
That evening return to the Holladay House B&B for plated hors d’oeuvres and relaxation. Enjoy dinner at another selection of fine restaurants in the area.
On your second full day, after another delectable breakfast, you will receive a Self-Guided Driving Tour Packet with information about other nearby Civil War sites, other nearby historic sites such as James Madison’s Montpelier and Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, and other area attractions such as wineries and galleries.
Plated hors d’oeuvres and dinner recommendations await your return for your final night at the inn. Breakfast will be served the next morning before the conclusion of your stay.
Deal Expires: December 3, 2013
December 3, 2013 to December 5, 2013
$625.00, including tax, not including room rates. 50% deposit of package and room rate required upon booking. Minimum 15 day advanced booking required. Room selection subject to availability. Tours on dates other than those listed above require a minimum of 30 day’s notice. There is one chance to move the reservation to the next mutually available date for guest, inn, restaurants and TourGuide Ltd. If rescheduling is not possible, the deposit will be forfeited.