Frank Walker, celebrated author and historian, has stated: you can't spit in Orange County without hitting a spot of historic significance. A fantastic storyteller, Frank and his tour guides will "connect the spots" and weave a great tale of the history of Orange County, Virginia. Frank can tailor the content of the scenic heritage tour to your interests - just ask!
This package includes:
- 2 nights at the Holladay House Bed and Breakfast in either the Green Room, Blue Room or Oak Room
- 2 locally-sourced made-from-scratch breakfasts
- a 4-hour step-on tour (in your vehicle) with Frank Walker or one of his personally trained tour guides connecting the county’s extensive heritage with the sites and venues all around you
- a tour start-time of your choosing
- exclusive access to special historic sites, like Robert E Lee's pew at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Orange, VA
- a selection of beverages to take on your tour
- a signed copy of Frank Walker's book, Remembering: A History of Orange County, Virginia
- a self-guided tour packet to discover more history on your own
- homemade cookies and beverages upon your return
$569 for two guests, including tax but not gratuity.
Don't want to do the driving? Hire a van and driver - ask the innkeeper for pricing. Upgrade to the whirlpool suites, the Ivy Suite or the Garden Room, or our popular historic fireplace suite, the John Madison Suite, for only $200 more!