The St. Regis Wilderness Region, 18,000 acres strong and home to 58 bodies of waters and endless mountains is a haven for cyclists - road and mountain - and hikers from the novice to the expert, from adults to children. Once you arrive at the Lake Clear Lodge, you do not need to travel anymore. Right from your handcrafted lodging door you can take endless trips for an hour or for days. The diversity of terrain, the countless wildlife and incredible natural mosaics from bogs, ponds to boreal forests and majestic mountain views you can see it all starting from our Lodge. For 3 generations, our family has been avid cyclists and hikers. We love the diversity of road biking one day and mountain biking the next and from experiencing a hike in the woods to a mountain climb. It's all here as part of the 18,000-acre St. Regis Wilderness a key natural living theater of the 6 million acre Adirondack Park. Despite our best efforts, even we have only scratched the surface of hiking and biking experiences.
All Bike / Hiking Packages include:
- The Bike/Hike Resource Library in our 1886 Lodge that is equipped with maps and several Bike/Hike publications
- Bike/Hike On-line: If you have a laptop, we will make available our wireless Internet and can provide you with a list of on-line Bike/Hike sites to gather up-to-date information.
- Daily Weather Reports: In our Lobby which you can access 24/7, we will post the next day's weather conditions including information on winds and advisories
- Complimentary use of our bikes as well as other Resort amenities such as our 3-acre beach, kayaks, canoes, snowshoes, cross-country skis
- Information packages and maps on the incredible endless opportunities for biking/hiking and to take side excursions throughout the 18000-acre St. Regis Wilderness area. All types of trips exist from the novice to the expert that one can do for an hour or an overnight.
- An orientation upon arrival can be arranged with advanced notice.