7 Nights Lodging / 5 Fishing Trips – Value $2,595 PRICE $2,295
- 5 Guided Fly Fishing Trips for Trophy Rainbows, Dolly Varden & Silver Salmon
- 2 Upper Kenai Drift Trips
- 1 Kenai Canyon Dript Trip
- 1 Middle Kenai Drift Trip
- 1 Float Plane Fly-out for Silver Salmon on the Fly
The beautiful upper Kenai River is truly one of the world’s finest recreation experiences for both the accomplished and the novice angler! Turquoise water flows out of Kenai Lake and runs seventeen miles into Skilak Lake that is the spawning grounds for millions of salmon each year. It’s also one of the best sections of water in the world for trout fishing! All fishing is guided and done out of a drift boat or by wading from sandbars. There are no power boats allowed on the upper Kenai River and the Kenai Canyon stretches. We specialize in light tackle fishing with fly rods or spinning gear for rainbow trout and dolly varden. Our fly fishing opens on June 11th of each summer but it reaches its peak during this three week period. Starting in May and continuing through August the king and sockeye salmon (Reds) have been returning from the ocean and making their way up the Kenai River to spawn. Early to mid August is when the spawning begins. Rainbow trout and dolly varden exit from both Skilak and Kenai Lake to fill up on as many salmon eggs and as much deteriorating salmon flesh as they can before winter hits. These fish fatten up fast! This is a catch and release fishery which makes it a trophy fishing area! Trout are carefully handled, photographed and released. All these fish are allowed to keep growing year after year and there are some monsters in this river! Yes you will catch fish of all sizes (average size 18”-20”) but you have the potential to catch fish 24”-28” in the 10-20 pound range. Enjoy world class fishing action amidst dazzling mountain scenery!
All of our fishing trips include:
- High Speed Wireless Internet Access in every room
- Breakfast bar included daily.
- All packages have a choice of a drift or power boat.
- All salmon trips are 6 hours (half day) but can be upgraded to 10 hour full-day trips.
- All fishing equipment for the trip (rods, reels and bait)
- Professional licensed guides, and the cleaning of your fish.
- Other custom packages are available upon request.
- All packages are subject to a sales tax.
- 50 Lbs. of fish vacuum packed and frozen “FREE” with every package.
- Onsite freezer room / laundry room.