Named for the 1825 visit of Marquis de Lafayette near the hotel site, The Lafayette, one of the last of the Riverboat era hotels, opened July 1, 1918. Many of the comfortably renovated guest rooms have views of either the Ohio or the Muskingum Rivers, whose legendary flooding a half-century ago is indicated on benchmarks in the lobby. The dining room features a fine collection of long rifles, including one made by J.J. Henry that accompanied the benedict Arnold expedition to Quebec in 1775.
- All Year
- Mid Ohio Valley Regional Airport (PKB) / 4.6 miles
- Ohio University Snyder Field (ATO) / 43.9 miles
- Yeager Airport (CRW) / 72.1 miles
* Not all airports listed here may be open to public use, or service commercial flights