Hear the coyotes call, the prairie grass sing, and the campfire crackle. Step back, to a simpler time of pioneers and prairies at Big Missouri Cabins. Hike and horseback ride in the deep coulees and on the high bluffs around Big Missouri Cabins on trails that offer spectacular views of the rugged countryside of western North Dakota. A breathtaking September backdrop leaks into the weeks of early October. Color yourself among the leaf-peepers and well wishers as you watch for falling stars in the crystal clear skies of North Dakota’s big sky country.
- Restaurant Onsite
- Pets Allowed
- Property Size 2 units
- Conference Facility
- Kids Allowed
- Nearby City Watford City
- Nearby Water Lake Sakakawea
- Open Dates Apr 1 to Nov 1
The corrals close by Big Missouri Cabins have running water for your horses! The resort itself doesn’t provide horses but trail rides are available in McKenzie County for your little cowboys and girls.
Lake Sakakawea is home to reel-busting northern pike action and some of the best walleye fishing anywhere in the world.
- Bird Watching
- Freshwater Fishing
- Wildlife & Nature
- Hunting and Shooting
- Dickinson Theodore Roosevelt Regional Airport (DIK) / 73 miles
- Estevan Airport (YEN) / 98.4 miles
- Minot International Airport (MOT) / 97.8 miles
* Not all airports listed here may be open to public use, or service commercial flights