Open from Memorial Day to mid-October, Great Camp Sagamore is comprised of 27 National Historic Landmark buildings, once the wilderness estate of the Vanderbilt family. Today Great Camp Sagamore is dedicated to the enjoyment of education, interpretation, and historic preservation. It's not a hotel or motel, but a true bit of history. Guests are provided double occupancy rooms in one of three main lodges. Here, outdoor activity takes main stage! Fish, swim, or just watch the sun reflect off Lake Sagamore's glistening surface.
Great Camp Sagamore dates from 1897 and was the wilderness retreat of the Alfred G. Vanderbilt family from 1901-1954. This 27-building complex is now a National Historic Landmark.
Great Camp Sagamore is in a natural, comfortable setting where you can truly relax. Spend your days hiking 20 miles of trails or sitting at a campfire. Lake Sagamore is a great place to go canoeing!
- Restaurant Onsite
- Pets Allowed
- Property Size 35 units
- Conference Facility
- Kids Allowed
- Nearby City Raquette Lake
- Nearby Water Sagamore Lake
- Open Dates May 2 to Oct 16
- Adirondack Regional Airport (SLK) / 47.1 miles
- Massena International Richards Field (MSS) / 80.6 miles
- Cornwall Regional Airport (YCC) / 90.8 miles
* Not all airports listed here may be open to public use, or service commercial flights
- Bird Watching
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Wildlife & Nature
- Free Parking
- Banquet Room(s)
- Meeting Room(s)
By clicking 'Submit' you are agreeing to our Terms of Service
Vacation Request Successfully submitted. Thank You!